Disclaimer: I was provided with free product in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own and are not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.
I styled with a brush…and it worked!
Behairful was nice enough to send me a brush to try out and, to be honest, I did not have high hopes because of how many previous failed attempts I’ve had with brush styling- Denman, Flexy, Wet, even rake wet scrunch- that all left my hair too stringy.
With how close together the boar bristles were I figured it was worth a shot and 😲! It worked!
Price point: On the expensive side. It’s priced at $49.99, but it’s on their website currently for $19.99. Still much more expensive than a $9 Wet Brush.
– Body is made out of lightweight wood
– Has flexible nylon longer bristles to detangle
– AND has natural boar bristles to distribute hair oils and product
– Works on curly and straight hair with minimal breakage (straight hair was tested on my preschooler.)
– I don’t really know how to get product out of a boar bristle brush well. With the competitors it’s easy to just clean it off of the plastic.
The brush works well on my daughter’s straight hair, too! I was entirely ready to post that it didn’t work for me, but at least it worked for her and was pleasantly surprised. I’ll keep you posted on if it works well with products that aren’t so liquidy as well (not sure if it’d just pull a thick cream back out of my hair basically.)
As for what I used in the video, I brushed through homemade okra gel and the final scrunch was with Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Anything else you wanted to know? Ask me in the comments below!